Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

getting email notifications for items on the Updates tab?

Level 5
Here's the scenario: we have a custom form that the business uses to suggest an expiration date for a piece. This form syncs up with our compliance system. Inside that system, a compliance office can change the date. That change is reflected on the project "Updates" tab (yay!) but I can't figure out a way to let the business get an overt alert letting them know the date changed (less-than-yay!). Asking them to review the Updates tab is an option, but i want to ensure I've exhausted all notification options within Workfront first. It seems like there should be a way to do this for traffic managers that want to be on top of every status change, but I'm hitting some walls. Thanks! Ryan McGee
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 10
Ryan, As a suggested test - in the settings, under notifications, under communication, turn on "Someone includes my team on a directed update". Now, if you create a team, which will consist of business persons with a need to know of this status change", then when the change is written to the update area on the project the team name would precede that update and all those persons on the team will get an email notification - because you turn it on for them. In theory. I've not done this but just giving you something to consider. Today the expiration status date changed vs my suggestion @team Today the expiration status date changed Benetta Perry APS