Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Future dated timesheets

Level 2

Our company is shutting down over the holiday period and required our team to submit their timesheets in advance.  Does anyone has a quick way to create future timesheets (i.e. beyond current period and next period)?  I'm aware of the Generate Timesheets feature in Timesheet Profiles, but that only forces the next period to be created.  I'm also familar with the New Timesheet button, but that requires me to select each user's name individually - and we have over 150 users. Hoping there is a simple method (like Generate Timesheets) where I can create weekly timesheets up to mid-January! 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

There is not an option to do more than the native 2 weeks. I've seen lots of ideas around having the option to do longer time periods but nothing has come of those.

A few workarounds: 

• Use the new timesheet button and then select teams instead of users in the new timesheet drop down so you can do it in more of a bulk way. 
  • You could also create a timesheet profile that is "monthly" or "biweekly" instead of "weekly" for the holidays and assign that to users for now to get a longer time period for a single timesheet.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

There is not an option to do more than the native 2 weeks. I've seen lots of ideas around having the option to do longer time periods but nothing has come of those.

A few workarounds: 

• Use the new timesheet button and then select teams instead of users in the new timesheet drop down so you can do it in more of a bulk way. 
  • You could also create a timesheet profile that is "monthly" or "biweekly" instead of "weekly" for the holidays and assign that to users for now to get a longer time period for a single timesheet.

Level 2

Thanks Kellie!  Using teams instead of users will definitely help save time.