Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Fusion & Outlook Integration - Email Alerts

Level 8

Hi,

Is anyone utilizing Fusion to deploy automated email(s) to Outlook?

We are looking to have an email deploy to our users once a certain task is completed. The goal of the email is to present key information about a campaign activity to a distro in Outlook (not all end users of the email have a Workfront account) and include a hyperlink (if possible) to the campaign brief.

We currently have teams sending these emails manually utilizing a word doc template but are looking for a way to have this be automated to reduce manual efforts.

Thank you in advance.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Employee

Hi Kiersten!

I don't have an example to share, but wanted to make sure you knew about the @Workfront Fusion 2.0‚ group that has a bunch of people talking about how they are using Fusion, if you want to post in there or join the group to get inspired!

Kyna

Level 2

@Kiersten Kollins‚ yep, we reluctantly trigger emails at certain points. I say reluctantly as I believe it just adds to inbox fatigue. We have an 'instant' Watch Field trigger looking at the Status field on Tasks which will trigger whenever there's a change in the Task Status field. We then filter for the relevant change to new value, and from there route to various actions including sending an email using the Outlook connector. It's pretty straightforward - you could only send the email to your non-Workfront users, and for Workfront users simply post an Update and notify those users.

0694X00000DUQG1QAP.png

Level 2

We also use Outlook emails in some of our integrations but mostly as error advisory notifications because they can be a little more front and center when people need to pay attention quickly. Sometimes WF notifications can get buried.