Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Fusion - Can it be used to Break Hearts :D

Level 3

So my team had an interesting scenario where they wanted to have relationships with a project and an issue or a task and issue. 

We all know this equates to setting the status of the issue with whatever it has a relationship with - task, or project - okay check. We are good there.

The ASK

Okay, but what if I had a field (custom field) that when set, the relationship was broken and the issue was closed? Is this possible with Fusion? 

Cheers,
D___D

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@D____D - Yes this is possible.

1) watch a record - have workfront watch for changes to that field on the object and get the resolved by information so you can get the to the issue id that the object resolves.

2) You'll then want to use the update record to update the original issue/request to remove the resolved by and update the status

KellieGardner_0-1696343654782.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@D____D - Yes this is possible.

1) watch a record - have workfront watch for changes to that field on the object and get the resolved by information so you can get the to the issue id that the object resolves.

2) You'll then want to use the update record to update the original issue/request to remove the resolved by and update the status

KellieGardner_0-1696343654782.png

Level 3

Okay that's interesting ... 

So even though the "Status" Value is locked, you are saying that I set the Status while maintaining the relationship or do I have to break the relationship first (what you have to do manually today) to get this result? 

Confirm,

D___D

Community Advisor

Yes, The fusion scenario should do it with one run in the same module. 

Level 3

Well that's even better - I was under the impression we would have to break the relationship first (with Fusion, since you have to do that manually today) but if you are saying we don't even have to do that step and maintain the relationship, that's even better!  

Community Advisor

@D____D - you will still need to break the relationship in order to update the status. It's just done through the same scenario. Sorry for any confusion.

• update the original issue/request to remove the resolved by and update the status

KellieGardner_0-1696442164514.png

Level 3

Okay - that's what I figured - thanks for confirming but essentially I guess we could automate those very few clicks for users.  Alright, that helps.