Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Fusion: Automate the deletion of Filters, Views and Groupings not made by an admin, or: allow the creation of Workload Balancer filters but disallow creating report Filters, Views and Groupings?

Level 10

We've long ago disabled the creation of Filters, Views and Groupings for non-admins.

In disabling the creation of filters, views and groupings, it also disables the creation of Workload Balancer filters.

Since we need them to be able to create and use Workload Balancer filters, I want to enable that via Access levels and create a Fusion automation that deletes all "report" Filters, Views and Groupings not made by one of 3 admins so folks can't go crazy making filters, views and Groupings again.

Something like IF UIGB:lastUpdatedByID DOES NOT match "42d2a6ad49f93ab4b987b1a9e738425a" then delete.

In Fusion there is no record type of:

Filter = UIFT

View = UIVW

Grouping = UIGB

so I'm not sure how to even find them.

I tried coming up with a custom API call like: https://DOMAIN.my.workfront.com/attask/api-unsupported/UIGB/search?fields=*,lastUpdatedBy

but the return left both enteredBy and lastUpdatedBy as "null" and "name" for all of them returned "_group" so evidently this isn't the right API call.

I also tried updatedBy:name

updatedBy:user:name to no avail

Has anyone done anything with Filters, Views and Groupings via Fusion? Any guidance is appreciated.

Or, is there a way to allow the creation of Workload Balancer filters but disallow report Filters, Views and Groupings?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Fortunately, @Doug Den Hoed‚ gave me the answer I was looking for.

I needed to filter out the built-in (system) ones in order to display the custom Filters, Views and Groupings.

Filters needs some extra to filter out document and calendar filters.

Paste these after this: https://DOMAIN.my.workfront.com/attask/api-unsupported

/UIFT/search?isReport=false&isReport_Mod=eq&enteredByID_Mod=notnull&filterType=DOC_CENTRAL&filterType_Mod=notin&filterType=CALENDAR&filterType_Mod=notin&fields=*

Views and Groupings look like this, respectively:

/UIVW/search?isReport=false&isReport_Mod=eq&enteredByID_Mod=notnull&fields=*

/UIGB/search?isReport=false&isReport_Mod=eq&enteredByID_Mod=notnull&fields=*

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Fortunately, @Doug Den Hoed‚ gave me the answer I was looking for.

I needed to filter out the built-in (system) ones in order to display the custom Filters, Views and Groupings.

Filters needs some extra to filter out document and calendar filters.

Paste these after this: https://DOMAIN.my.workfront.com/attask/api-unsupported

/UIFT/search?isReport=false&isReport_Mod=eq&enteredByID_Mod=notnull&filterType=DOC_CENTRAL&filterType_Mod=notin&filterType=CALENDAR&filterType_Mod=notin&fields=*

Views and Groupings look like this, respectively:

/UIVW/search?isReport=false&isReport_Mod=eq&enteredByID_Mod=notnull&fields=*

/UIGB/search?isReport=false&isReport_Mod=eq&enteredByID_Mod=notnull&fields=*

Employee

I love that @Doug Den Hoed‚ was able to help you! And I love even more that you came back and shared your results here for others to use! Thank you so much!