Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Full View of Time-Off Per Project

Level 1
Is there a way to view/report on all Time-Off entered (for all resources on a project), per project? Also, our Scheduling section has always been blank. Is there a problem with this feature? Brittney Alsobrook Project Management Officer Southside Bank
10 Replies

Level 4
Hi Brittney, To view who has time off inside a project, you are trying the right area. It is found in Staffing > Scheduling. However, the only people that can see that are those assigned as Resource Managers to a project or Admin. Do you know if you are assigned that role? Michelle Jackson Colony Brands, Inc.

Level 10
would the latest release have taken care of the "resource manager" requirement? Now that they are setting resource management permissions as part of your access level, it seems to me it would be available if you have that access level and the project is shared with you. Haven't had a chance to test it, but I just wonder. :) -skye

Level 2
I'm a resource manager for our group. This view for PTO (Staffing > Scheduling) only works when viewing ONE project. What I need is the way to see PTO for all projects for the resource pool. Any ideas? Michael Crocken Sr. Leader, Project Management Whole Foods Market

Level 10
Hi Michael, I've been using a report that someone in here posted. Create a User (type) Report, add whatever columns you want, then add a column and place the following text code in it (below). Then Filter on whatever you want (in this case Resource Pool) and of course you can Group By whatever you like. Hope this helps. displayname=Future Time Off listdelimiter=  listmethod=nested(reservedTimes).lists textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression=IF({endDate}<$$TODAY,"",CONCAT({startDate}," - ",{endDate}," ")) valueformat=HTML

Level 1
This is great!! Thank you! Any tips on adding a column or grouping by Project Name? Thanks! Brittney Alsobrook Southside Bank

Level 10
Hi Brittney, I don't think that's possible as this is a User report. The Time Off is at a User level, not a project level. Sorry.

Level 3
Thanks for text mode! It would be save my time! Md Rahman Administrator, IT Application Freedom Mortgage Cell -8565226998 E: md.rahman@freedommortgage.com

Level 10
Yeah someone else on here deserves credit (I forget who it was – hopefully not Doug – tired of giving him credit �� ) . I totally swiped that code from someone who posted this earlier this year.

Level 1
@Adrianne Cole Here is the thread--share the option you brought up for our company. I think others concerned with 'per project' Time-Off will like this. Brittney Alsobrook Southside Bank

Level 4
@Brittney Alsobrook I am able to have the time off for resources by project. In the Staffing tab in a particular project, under section People, I should already have all of my resources name identified. In the View, I created a new view called "Timeoff" , I have only two columns displayed: Name, Job Role (you can add more as you like). Then I added a third column and called it Future Time Off, and in the text mode, I pasted the text code that @Vic Alejandro provided and clicked saved. So when you go into each project you will be able to see the time off for only the resources on your project! I love it. Hope it works for you. Michelle Speck Royal Neighbors of America