Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

FTE needs charted by ROLE

Level 3

Hello advanced Reporters...trying to create a stacked area chart showing FTE needs over time by role.

1. Can export to Excel and create chart, but data not exported as numbers and can't find way to easily transform.

2. Created Assignments report which gives %Allocation and can be line charted. Could create calculated column in view to transform % into FTE, but this won't chart. If we could convert % and aggregate and chart, we would have it. @Cori Stampf‚ @Leslie Scott‚ @Shey White‚

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Employee

Hi Jane,

I took this to people smarter than me and they suggested the following. Does this help?

Create a system wide calculated field and then you would be able to aggregate and chart by that. Essentially, it would be the same as doing it as a column, but instead you would need to create the calculated field as a custom field and add it to all of the objects you need the data on.

Kyna

Level 3

Thanks Kyna...I think we have isolated the problem to being that you can't get allocation date on plannedHours (only on budgetedHour object). If wanted to use Plan to update Budgeted, we could, but then we lose the differentiation between budget and plan that we would like to retain,.