Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Font color based on value expression

Level 3
Good afternoon, My group uses a project report to keep track of the milestones and tollgates of our product launches. One particular report has numerous columns that are populated by a collection (tasks) and a valueexpression to pick out just a particular milestone plannedCompletionDate. Something like this: displayname=Milestone 3 listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(tasks).lists textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression=IF({name}="Milestone 3",{plannedCompletionDate}) valueformat=HTML We're being asked to apply color logic now to those dates so that if a milestone's plannedCompletionDate is passed and the milestone is not yet complete, the date turns red. I can't figure out how to apply color coding based on the outcome of just one IF in the valueexpression. displayname=Milestone 3 listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(tasks).lists textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression=IF({name}="Milestone 3" && {percentComplete} = 100, {plannedCompletionDate}, IF({name}="Milestone 3" && {percentComplete} < 100 && {plannedCompletionDate} > $$TODAY, {plannedCompletionDate}, IF({name}="Milestone 3" && {percentComplete} < 100 && {plannedCompletionDate} < $$TODAY, {plannedCompletionDate} ))) valueformat=HTML Basically, I want to turn the text above in red, red in the report. Any ideas? Thank you! Corey Beavers Mohawk Industries, Inc.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 10
Hi Corey, I've tried every way I could think of to have content dynamic based on value expressions with no luck. If someone has done this, I'd also be very interested in knowing how. Instead, I think you'll probably have to settle on separate task-based reports on a dashboard with your milestone project report to accomplish the goal of color highlights. Thanks, Narayan

Level 3
Thanks, Narayan. I have also been considering throwing a text flag into the expression, like an " ** " just in the case of the 3rd IF. If I do that, is it possible to add logic to the column to look for those characters and then highlight the containing cell? If I weren't using text mode, I could do this using "Advanced Options". displayname=Milestone 3 listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(tasks).lists textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression=IF({name}="Milestone 3" && {percentComplete} = 100, {plannedCompletionDate}, IF({name}="Milestone 3" && {percentComplete} < 100 && {plannedCompletionDate} > $$TODAY, {plannedCompletionDate}, IF({name}="Milestone 3" && {percentComplete} < 100 && {plannedCompletionDate} < $$TODAY, CONCAT({plannedCompletionDate}, "**")))) valueformat=HTML Corey Beavers Mohawk Industries, Inc.

Level 10
That's the problem, there's no way for the column rules to consider the values of the collection that I'm aware of.

Level 3
Hi Narayan, You were correct. I went through this with WF support as well, and ultimately learned that: "Currently there is no way to apply conditional formatting on a column that is using an expression to display data. This is due to the data the conditional formatting needs to be based on, has to exist within the database." Thanks for the help! Corey Beavers Mohawk Industries, Inc.

Level 10
Hey Corey, Thanks for following up and confirming this. Don't worry, you can still produce some pretty stunning displays of information. Join me at 1pm Eastern for "http://ddh.my.workfront.com/report/public/view?publicToken=x6u1T7zd_sQJHompK_ZvSo06axeidPcnfQ13hCdm62Okgp2lgIwVBYGvr2zgnH5w50EY17JgJBvzaww4VGL36lnL85RE28jm&endcap"> WFPro Live 4 and see Workfront at its finest! Thanks, Narayan