Expand my Community achievements bar.

Finances - Showing the Balance on a PO

Level 6
Hi I am trying to figure out how we can use Workfront to manage our POs. For example, I may have a PO for buying servers, another for travel and one for van rental on a project that is to replace servers at several different sites. As these expenses come in I cannot see a way to enter these expenses and get workfront to show the remaining balance on the associated PO. In the example I use we may have invoices come in for servers, travel and van rental during the first month for site 1 and then similar for site 2 the next month, and so on. Hope this makes sense. Thanks for your help! Laura Laura Ray BAKKAVOR LTD
7 Replies

Level 10
We have a Request queue for Hardware Requests to accomplish something similar. We created a custom form with the basic P.O. information. And use that to do Approvals from the appropriate people based on the amount (i.e. the CIO gets the Approval if it's over $5K, otherwise the Hardware Manager gets the Approval). We use calculated fields to total up the unit and dollar amounts for the invoice. We don't subtract the paid amounts since we typically pay the entire thing. But you should be able to include fields in the custom form for Amount Paid and subtract that amount in your total calculations in the form. Since it sounds like you're doing this within a project you could simply add the form to a Project. Or have you looked at the Expenses tab? Vic Alejandro, PMP, CSM | IT | Sr. IT Project Manager Denver Water | t: (303-628-7262) | c: (303-319-6473) "http://www.denverwater.org/"> http://www.denverwater.org INTEGRITY | VISION | PASSION | EXCELLENCE | RESPECT

Level 9
We are doing a couple of similar things. First, on the expenses tab, it would be easy to add a custom calculated field to the view that would provide the "balance remaining". Second, use a report to do the same thing: The text mode code for the variance field in this pic is: valueexpression=SUB({plannedCost},{actualCost}) Lastly, you can use a custom form to collect financial data and manipulate those fields the same as you would native Workfront expense fields. In this pic of a Task View, the first 5 fields are coming from a custom form, the last field, the balance, is being calculated in the View with this text mode: valueexpression=SUB({DE:CIS Discretionary Training Budget},{DE:CIS Discretionary Training Expense Spend}) The total spend is being calculated in the custom form with this text mode: SUM(CIS Discretionary Training Expense 1,CIS Discretionary Training Expense 2,CIS Discretionary Training Expense 3) Lots of options. Hope this helps! Alison Wells Community Medical Centers

Level 10
Hi Alison @Alison Wells , That's sounds like a way we could do it. Perhaps i think i'm missing something! I put calculation in Variance column on the view and it works within single results but for some reason it doesn't sum it up properly on grouping level.... What am i missing? My column text mode looks like: aggregator.displayformat=customNumberAsCurrencyStringRounded aggregator.function=SUM aggregator.valuefield=DE:Variance aggregator.valueformat=customNumberAsDouble displayname=Remaining Balance linkedname=direct namekey=Variance querysort=DE:Variance textmode=true valueexpression=SUB({plannedAmount},{actualAmount}) valueformat=customNumberAsCurrencyStringRounded I thought it would also show me proper number on grouping level... Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD

Level 4
Dagmara, You are so close! You actually need the value expression in the aggregator portion as well. Try this: aggregator.displayformat=customNumberAsCurrencyStringRounded aggregator.function=SUM aggregator.valueexpression=SUB({plannedAmount},{actualAmount}) aggregator.valueformat=customNumberAsCurrencyStringRounded displayname=Remaining Balance linkedname=direct namekey=Variance querysort=DE:Variance textmode=true valueexpression=SUB({plannedAmount},{actualAmount}) valueformat=customNumberAsCurrencyStringRounded David Taylor - moventus davidtaylor@moventus.net 303-519-5238

Level 10
I can see now what i was missing! Thanks David :) it works perfect now! :) Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD

Level 9
Hi Dagamara, I was only summing the variance in a report, so I had to go back and work through getting it working in a view. In the end I was just able to copy the aggregator section of code out of my report and into the view. Here is what I had before and after: Text Mode Before: displayname=Training Balance linkedname=direct namekey=CIS Discretionary Training Budget querysort=DE:CIS Discretionary Training Budget textmode=true valueexpression=SUB({DE:CIS Discretionary Training Budget},{DE:CIS Discretionary Training Expense Spend}) valueformat=customNumberAsCurrencyStringRounded Text Mode After: aggregator.displayformat=customNumberAsCurrencyStringRounded aggregator.function=SUM aggregator.valueexpression=SUB({DE:CIS Discretionary Training Budget},{DE:CIS Discretionary Training Expense Spend}) aggregator.valueformat=customNumberAsCurrencyStringRounded displayname=Training Balance linkedname=direct namekey=CIS Discretionary Training Budget querysort=DE:CIS Discretionary Training Budget textmode=true valueexpression=SUB({DE:CIS Discretionary Training Budget},{DE:CIS Discretionary Training Expense Spend}) valueformat=customNumberAsCurrencyStringRounded Hope this helps!! Good luck! Alison Wells Community Medical Centers

Level 10
Hi Alison, Yeah i've it working now! :) thanks a lot! :) Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD