Expand my Community achievements bar.

Filtering a task report based on Portfolio fields

Level 10
Hi WF Community, Does anyone know of a way where I can filter a task report based on portfolio level field data? I have a custom field on the Portfolio object called 'Canadian Portfolio', and I want to segment a task report based on this field, but not sure how to do that. Thanks. Nick Nick Valeriote
4 Replies

Level 10
This is helpful. thanks, Skye. How about if I want to display a field on a report whereby the field is on an object (Company) not directly related to the report's object (Task)? I believe in filtering you can use a linking object to help filter appropriately; however, am I able to display fields from no related objects? My use case is this: - I have a custom field on the Company object called Intacct Client ID. - When people create a task using the custom invoicing form, I want to create a report that will display the Intacct Client ID on the invoicing task report. There is a native Company field on the project object, and tasks are related to projects, so I figured there should be a way to do this. Nick Valeriote

Level 10
hi Nick, I don't usually deal with company custom fields and I'm not sure how you've experimented with trying to bring this into your task report views. However, (just guessing here) if you've been unable to fudge the text mode to bring the company's custom field to your task report, (e.g. somehow playing with valuefield=project:company:customfieldname for example), you could try creating a calculated field at the project level for it, and bring it down to your task report that way (since project custom fields can be easily displayed by the task report). That would probably be my two directions of experimentation, anyway. -skye

Level 10
Thanks, Skye. I'll tinker in those directions and see if I can make it work. Nick Valeriote