Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Filter on a routed issue's path data?

Level 10

Hi WF Community,

We have a custom form called Incident Triage Requests. Folks attach and fill out this form on issue records. Those issues records are originally logged against any project in the system.

We have a routing rule set up on a specific project called Incident Triage Requests that routes issues logged to any project using the Incident Triage Request form to this project.

Example:

• Issue A is logged against Project 1
  • Issue A has an Incident Triage Request form attached to it
  • Issue A gets routed from Project 1 to the Incident Triage Request project

THE ASK

Since these issues no longer belong to their originating projects (Project 1 in the example above), is there a way to still access the originating projects data in a report query (e.g. the Actual Completion Date of the originating project)?

Hope that made sense.

Thanks.

Nick

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi - can I ask why you are moving the request? We have our system set-up where every project becomes its own mini-request queue so that the shared teams (i.e. Print Studio, Reg Ops, Web Ops, etc.) have access to the information on the project and view access.

If you'd like to have info from the original project, curious why you move it to a Triage Request Project? Why not keep it on the original project and just create a report that looks at all issues with the "Incident Triage Request" form? (It is called Category ID in reporting)

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi - can I ask why you are moving the request? We have our system set-up where every project becomes its own mini-request queue so that the shared teams (i.e. Print Studio, Reg Ops, Web Ops, etc.) have access to the information on the project and view access.

If you'd like to have info from the original project, curious why you move it to a Triage Request Project? Why not keep it on the original project and just create a report that looks at all issues with the "Incident Triage Request" form? (It is called Category ID in reporting)

Level 5

I second that, Anthony. We recently set up "mini request queues" in our project templates as well with great results and an improved process! We did the same thing with reporting so that the report now filters for category ID (custom form) rather than the request queue.

Level 10

Hi Anthony,

Funny enough, I am trying to find out the same thing (why it house to route to a specific project). I didn't set it up, but my guess is because they initially wanted it as a Help Request queue, which would run through the Requests tab, and not attached as a custom form to individual projects.

Since there doesn't seem to be an easy way to achieve my above request, I think I'll push to get rid of the routing rule (and specific project), and just have folks continue to attach the custom for to individual projects (and we'll use a report).

Thanks for the response.

Nick

Level 10

Yeah, that seems the best idea in my opinion. For our Print Studio, we do have a request queue as well. We did do combined reporting at first, but they had me separate it a few months ago so that issues on projects are one report widget on a dashboard and then there is another report widget on the dashboard that is just requests from the Ad Hoc request queue.