Expand my Community achievements bar.

Field for average planned/actual hours

Level 3
We have an ongoing conversation about reporting on actual hours, knowing that we do not always have accurate user hours entered. Team members scope work, which becomes the planned hours, so there is some user participation there. While we look at hour entry accuracy, we're taking the average of planned and actual hours to do some high-level reporting, and I'm looking for some input on creating that calculation in Workfront VS dumping the data into Excel, then calculating. Full disclosure, text mode is not my sweet spot, so I'm really starting from ground zero on this. No idea where to start. We could talk for hours about the "why" behind this ask, and I'm happy to go there, too. However, my immediate challenge is the reporting need. Thanks in advance! Michelle Yard Manager, Marketing Operations Insperity
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 7
As I am not quite sure what type of report (i.e., Project Report, Task Report, etc.) that you were looking to run, below is text mode that will give you the average of project planned and actual hours using a Project Report. Add a column to your Project Report, then switch to Text Mode and add the following: displayname=Average Hours textmode=true valueexpression=AVERAGE({workRequired},{actualWorkRequired})/60 valueformat= If you have a Project that has 29 planned hours, and 5.4 actual hours have been logged to it, the column above will give you the average hours - in this case 17.2 hours. (For "displayname=", I just happened to name this Average Hours, but you can name the column whatever you want.) Does this help with what you may be trying to do? Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services