Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Exporting to Excel (xlsx) Error

Level 1
Hi there Is anyone else getting the following error when trying to export to Excel (xlsx)? Could not initialize class sun.awt.X11FontManager Elize Scheepers Beekman Management Services
13 Replies

Level 10
hi Elize, this is a bug. If you open up a case with the helpdesk, they can link you to the bug ticket they have set up. Doing this would allow them to notify you when they fix the bug. -skye

Level 10
Hello...we opened this as a bug late last week. This affects some reports that we have setup to auto-deliver and users that typically export their reports. As of now, the following are the responses that we've received from support: "We've agreed to resolve this issue. The current resolution deadline is the end of October 2019. I'll let you know if we need to adjust the timeline at any point, and will also provide an update once we've deployed the solution." When I inquired why it wasn't being fixed immediately, I received the following: "This issue doesn't meet the criteria for a High severity due to the workarounds available for the same process using other file types, so the typical timeline for the current severity is 2 months to develop and implement a solution. It's possible that we'll address the issue more quickly than the current deadline, and we'll be discussing that as part of the development team's next sprint." Side note: Gantt Export to PDF functionality is also not working. We tested in Chrome and IE, nothing is exported and the same error message displays for a few seconds then disappears. Admin Kelly-Wehrmann SSFCU

Level 10
FYI.... We also had a user reach out because chart reports were not exporting any more. When they click the export button it "appears" that something is processing, but then nothing happens. These have been included on our ticket with support. Admin Kelly-Wehrmann SSFCU

Level 1
Awesome, thank you so much for all the information. Is it then possible to add me to the ticket so that I am notified when it is resolved? Regards Elize Elize Scheepers Beekman Management Services

Level 9
Thanks everyone for all the updates, I will keep an eye on all our auto-delivered reports now, including the PDFs! On the Excel side, we have been successful in switching to XLS exports which do still work for the majority of our issues. And put in a ticket on this last week. Yay bugs! (sarcasm font) Alison Wells Community Medical Centers

Level 10
Elize, if you're the system admin for your system, then you would submit a ticket to the helpdesk, and they would notify you when the bug is fixed. If you're not the system admin, please contact your system admin for them to do this step for you. They can submit the ticket here: https://experience.workfront.com/s/contactsupport -skye

Level 10
I am not getting a bug when exporting to .xlsx - is this only happening on auto-delivery reports??? Katherine Haven, PMP VP, Director, Business Technologies - PMO FCB

Level 10
hey Katherine, for us it's happening when we go to export to xlsx. On the flip side we don't appear to be getting your timeline bug (remind me again which cluster you're on?) -skye

Level 10
Hello...for us we are experiencing the following: 1) unable to export to .xlsx on demand and auto-delivered reports. 2) unable to export a chart, 3) unable to export Gantt as PDF, The behavior is very inconsistent. For instance, at the time I reported to the problem to support, a co-worker was able to do one or all of them. It wouldn't work on my desktop or laptop. Then a day later, it would work for me on my desktop and laptop, but not on my co-workers laptop. Yesterday, it wasn't working for me again on my desktop, but my laptop was still ok. The last update I had from support was that they think the root cause may be "cluster-specific environment configurations" and "needs to be corrected during a normal maintenance window to avoid negatively impacting performance in production environments". Admin Kelly-Wehrmann SSFCU

Level 10
@Skye Hansen - we're on cluster 1 and we are able to export .xlsx, charts and gantts.... Katherine Haven, PMP VP, Director, Business Technologies - PMO FCB

Level 10
thanks, cluster 2 here, with no project timeline issues ;) -skye

Level 10
@Skye Hansen and @Katherine Haven - we are on Cluster 02 Admin Kelly-Wehrmann SSFCU

Level 10
FYI - support updated our ticket around 1 today to let us know that a "s olution was deployed this morning that should have resolved the issue for all nodes that have recently been refreshed" . We have been able to successfully test everything on our side and all export issues that we were having appear to have been resolved. Thanks! Admin Kelly-Wehrmann SSFCU