Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Export custom form fields to excel

Level 7

I know I have done this before because I have an excel spreadsheet with all fields from one of our longest forms ....but nothing I can find is working. help!!!!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Tegwyn,

Rather than manually adding each custom parameter to a view, I invite you to instead try our Excel Updater Generator solution, which would let you "point" to the custom form of interest and export a text document that includes a textmode view of all core and custom parameters. With that in hand (and optionally, first deleting all core info other than ID and Name, thereby leaving just the DE: custom data columns of interest), you can then copy and paste it into a new view in Workfront, and viola, export to Excel.

Regards,

Doug

Level 7

thank you Doug.....I wasn't even sure that manual view needed to be created. (if not using your nifty tool) I just don't remember at all how I did it....seems like if you are allowed to export as pdf where ever offered, excel should also be option in same spots, but I guess not.

Community Advisor

this is one of those things where I feel like I have to ask... are you looking for the form fields themselves exported? Or the content in those form fields (the answers) to be exported? The former being a parameter report and the latter being... yeah, a really long view.