Expand my Community achievements bar.

Excluding Duplicate Parent Task Appearing On Task Report

Level 2

Hello,

I am creating a task report for a large campaign and have an issue with what is being displayed. It's displaying exactly how I want except it is adding in a section "Parent: Name: No Value" for each project and listing each Parent Task Name under it. I just want to get rid of the 2 sections where this is showing up on the report attached. I already have the grouping set up with the Project Name > Parent Name - but I don't want these additional Parent Name sections to show up. Any ideas how to do this?

Thanks!

7 Replies

Level 3

Hi @camostafin,
If I'm understanding the question, you are only wanting to see the child tasks, correct?
You could remove the Parent name from the grouping and then add a filter

Task >>  Number of Children  -  Equals  -  0

Level 2

Hi @nskid66 

I do want to display the Parent Name in the grouping, but I don't want to include the section I have highlighted in yellow in the screenshot attached. This list of parent task names is essentially duplicate info of the other info on the report. Under the project I have 5 task lists and 5 Parent Tasks and it's adding this section of only the Parent Tasks, but the parent tasks are already listed in the other sections so it's essentially duplicate info that I don't want to show up.

Level 3

Looks like we were typing a response at the same time. I tried replicating what you have (Project Name > Parent Name) but did not get the same results so I'm think there is something else you may have on your report. Can you provide a screenshot of your report settings perhaps?

Level 3

So I think I was able to duplicate what you are seeing and adding that filter I initially mentioned (Task >> Number of Children  -  Equals  -  0) removed the no value on my end. It's basically saying only show me the child tasks but it will still show the parent task due to the grouping.

Level 3

Looking at this further I think I'm seeing what you are asking. I'm thinking now you do want the parent task and you are wanting to be rid of the "No Value" lines. Are the Project Name > Parent Name the only groupings on the report? Any filters?