Expand my Community achievements bar.

Excluding a selection of a field from a concatenated field

Level 2
Hi there! I have a question on a form where the users select the Broker from a pick list. They can also pick other and free type a name. I'd like to create a calculated field that concatanets these two fields, BUT if they pick OTHER from the pick list, it does not display other. So, with just the two fields, it is displayed as CONCAT({Broker/Consultant}, {If other, who is the broker/consultant?}) BUT! I need to add a statement that says "If Broker/Consultant is Other, don't display the word "Other "" I know I've done this before, but it's been a while and I can't remember! Thanks! Jessi Jessi Volaric
1 Reply

Level 6
Hi Jessi, If I understand the scenario correctly, the following calculation should work: IF({Broker/Consultant} = "Other", {If Other, who is the broker/consultant?}, {Broker/Consultant}) This reads: If the "Broker/Consultant" Field is equal to "Other" then display the "If Other, who is the broker/consultant?" field. Otherwise, display the {Broker/Consultant} value. Hope this helps!! Justin Renteria SSFCU