Expand my Community achievements bar.

Embedding WF to WF??

Level 4

Is it possible to embed objects within WF into a Dashboard? Aside from Request Queue, I've got this down, but nothing else...? I have plenty of WF stuff inside dashboards by utilize the "generic" URLs, but really dislike how clunky it is and sometimes because of the way objects are laid out w.i WF, users still must navigate a little.

You can see in my screenshot how seamless the request queue appears on the left, but the right is horrible... Any suggestions?

0690z000008OBWHAA4.png

5 Replies

Community Advisor

I'm not sure how good you want the suggestions to be (by which I mean, with the limitations we have, they can only go a certain distance before stopping). But do you know about this?

https://one.workfront.com/s/question/0D50z00006Px4RACAZ/your-guide-to-linking-directly-to-in-workfro...

Level 4

Yes, thank you! I've got some of what I need down to the level this provides, but was hoping to get a little further in. If I could at bare min., get rid of box 1 when adding to a dashboard, that'd be better , but I'd really like to get down to level 3 :-)

0690z000008OBg7AAG.png

Level 4

& Maybe in that post you pasted, I can actually get there but I'm unable to see/find the "Concatenate Hyperlinks..." article. Just takes me to WorfrontOne home page? So maybe thats what I'm missing!

Community Advisor

I think your previous screenshot is as far as you can get without building your own webpage and putting the reports in there!

Community Advisor

PS: You probably already know... I think where a lot of us try and get around this is by providing a link to the page itself, instead of embedding the page. So rather than the user navigating around an embedded page, to just get a link to that page, click on it, and do the PTO (in your example). It would provide for a cleaner look. There would always be that additional mouseclick but better that than scrolling around aimlessly.