Expand my Community achievements bar.

Email notification when the Project Planned Completion date has changed.

Level 2

This might be a really simple one but I can't seem to do it. Under Setting>Email>Notifications I don't see an email notification that can be sent to the Project Owner when the overall project planned completion date has changed. Is this possible? I can only see when a Task and Request planned completion date has changed that they are assigned on, but not a project. 

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

@AnthonyCAANZ Depending on how the project is set up, the project's planned completion date is either set manually (if project is scheduled from completion date) or calculated automatically based on the latest task of the project (if project is scheduled from start date). There are mixed actions that could trigger this, which is likely why an email notification is not available. 

However, if you are needing to track changes to the project planned completion date, I'd recommend either using baselines (and enabling it automatically) or creating a custom field for "original project planned completion date" so that you can easily report on changes.  

Community Advisor

@AnthonyCAANZ Another option if your users are open to a report instead of a notification is a Journal Entry Report.

First make sure that you're tracking Planned Completion Date for projects in Setup > Interface > Update Feeds

Then it's just creating a Journal Entry Report. Screenshot shows the columns I used.

Filters: 

• Journal Entry>>Field Name = plannedCompletionDate
  • Journal Entry>>Scope Is Blank
  • Project>>Owner ID = $$USER.ID 

Not sure why scope shows for tasks and issues, but not for projects. But when I added the filter for Scope is blank it gave me just projects.

Tracking Planned Completion Date.jpg