Expand my Community achievements bar.

Editing and approval process - tasks & time log

Level 1
Hi, I am trying to find and implement an efficient process that involves copywriting, 1st round of edits, 2nd round of edits, final approval, then usually document has to move to a design task. What is the most efficient way to move a document? Per example, when the copywriter is done writing the 1st version, PM needs to get the client's approval, there might be some edits, so it has to go back to copywriting. 2 tasks, same document, 2 separate time log. This goes also for the design of material with multiple revisions and final approval. What is the best way to manage documents revision, when the 'worker' and a PM need to log in time and the PM is the one getting edits and approval? Thanks, Andreane Andreane Ramos Barry University - Marketing
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10
For copy docs we use a OneDrive link and have a custom tab with a custom field in every project where that link is stored so the most current version of the copy doc is there. Everyone is trained to know where to look to find the link and it's the copywriters role to post the link once she's written the copy and notified PM that it's ready for review. Then the designer can access the link once they are notified by the PM that the copy is approved. Not sure if that's what you're looking for...

Level 1
Hi, That is something I will have to consider. The comments I have been receiving with using online files are the difficulty of tracking the changes when there are multiple revisions, and also more than one person is making comments in the document. They fear mistakes could be made, edits overlooked and no way to go back to a previous revision if needed. I do like the online file idea, but I would be curious to know if there is an efficient way of managing the copywriting process with word documents. Thanks, Andi Andreane Ramos Barry University - Marketing

Level 10
We had that same concern about previous versions and reverting before we launched this method. We found that with OneDrive you can revert to a previous version when you go to Office.com – it saves a version every minute or so, so it's very detailed how far you can go back. Ask your IT about this. Our copywriting team who are our biggest opponents of using Workfront, are very happy with the way it's been working because it's simple and they know exactly how to find the file.