Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!
SOLVED

Edit a Program field in a Project report

Level 2

Hello! 

Is there a way to edit a program field (this data point comes a custom form on a program) that sits within a project report?

Right now, I can't edit the fields in the project report view.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @lizpowell - Unfortunately, no. When on a report, you can only edit information on fields that relate to the object the report relates too. So, if you have a project report, you can only edit other project fields. Once you add in program information, you can view the information, but no inline edits. Same goes with a task report, etc. (can only edit task-level information then).

I run into this all the time too, want to editing other objects on a report, might be worth finding an idea to upvote!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @lizpowell - Unfortunately, no. When on a report, you can only edit information on fields that relate to the object the report relates too. So, if you have a project report, you can only edit other project fields. Once you add in program information, you can view the information, but no inline edits. Same goes with a task report, etc. (can only edit task-level information then).

I run into this all the time too, want to editing other objects on a report, might be worth finding an idea to upvote!