Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Don't Display Field on Report - IF.....?

Level 4

Hello - Has anyone created a report containing a field that only populates if the right selection is made? For example... If YES is selected, I want it on the report. If NO is selected, I don't want the NO or the Field Name to populate.

Let me know if any ideas? Thank you!

5 Replies

Level 2

‚Hi, we have set up a report to show just those items with a yes against them on specific tasks. We set it up in Standard mode, but the below is what shows if I switch to Text mode. Governance Document Required is the column we are selecting Yes against.

DE:Governance Document Required=Yes

DE:Governance Document Required_Mod=in

Level 4

Thank you, I should have been a tad more specific. I still want the task and other info to show regardless of the selection, just don't want the field showing on the report depending on the selection. For now, I just have it formatted to indicate NA if No is selected and shall do for now!

Level 8

What I do is create a new column rule and put a space in the Show Text option.

0690z000008ZsdNAAS.pngWhat I do for that is make a new column rule, and use a space for the Show Text option:

Level 4

Thank you, I've done that for now just to have it display NA. I would definitely do the space, however the field name will still populate but just show the "answer" as blank.

Level 7

I might not be quite following, but are you trying to make the entire column itself disappear if a certain field is blank, or a report filter is answered a certain way?

If so, I think you could accomplish that in text mode by conditionally setting the width to 0 for that column if your condition were true. I'll be honest that I haven't tried it myself, but the basic building blocks to do that do exist.

That seems like an unusual use-case though, can you elaborate with a more specific example?

Katherine