Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Does anyone have the text code to add a column in a report for the date a predecessor task was completed?

Level 6

One of our users would like a column added to his task report that displays the date the predecessor task was completed.

The standard list of column options does not include this. Do any of you have a text mode way of accomplishing this?

I come from a design background and not coding so this is my weakness. But I really enjoy trying to solve these issues and build our best version of WF possible.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Thank you

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

I did some digging through articles on here. I couldn't find exactly what i was looking for but i was able to find a code that I altered slightly and it works.

I'm going to leave this post up in case this helps anyone else. Here is the code I used:

displayname=Predecessors Completion Dates

listdelimiter=<br>

listmethod=nested(predecessors).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression={predecessor}.{actualCompletionDate}

valueformat=HTML

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

I did some digging through articles on here. I couldn't find exactly what i was looking for but i was able to find a code that I altered slightly and it works.

I'm going to leave this post up in case this helps anyone else. Here is the code I used:

displayname=Predecessors Completion Dates

listdelimiter=<br>

listmethod=nested(predecessors).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression={predecessor}.{actualCompletionDate}

valueformat=HTML

Level 10

Well done Tracy!

Since you enjoy noodling these out, I invite you to review this related post, which builds on the concept you just applied.

Regards,

Doug

Hmmm, I've been trying this on several different reports and even created a brand new project report but the fields are always empty. Haven't been able to solve the riddle yet...

So, now i solved it but not sure how. I was taking a look at Narayan's text mode list and this was on there. When i copied and pasted from there it worked. No clue why it didn't work from your original post as they are exactly the same. But none the less it's working now. Thank you both for your help.

Employee

I second Doug! Well done, Tracy. You sound like you're getting more and more familiar with this type of work every day, even though it isn't your background.

Level 10

Good stuff everyone. This solution has been documented in the WFPro Text Mode Examples report.

Level 2

Thank you for sharing, Tracy! I will try it out as we've been looking for a way to display this data for a while!