Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Is it possible to receive a receipt in Outlook once we submit Request to Workfront from Outlook?

Level 10

Is it possible to receive a receipt in Outlook once we submit Request to Workfront from Outlook?

Or any such solution type.

Looking for recommendation and best practice.

Mvh

Kundan

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 5

Hi Kundan. I'm the product manager of Workfront's Outlook add-in. Can you please provide some more details, especially about the problem you want to solve with these receipts? I want to understand the full context of your use case.

Oh, and did you know that there's also a default notification email in Workfront that you get each time after submitting a new request? It confirms that the request was successfully created and includes more context like queue, description, priority and, of course, a link to see it in Workfront.

Level 10

Hi @Exp - Hayk Falakyan‚

I am looking two things;

1) When we submit a request from Outlook add-in, the requestor should receive a receipt in Outlook. Which provide a info that the request is submitted by the requestor with request reference number.

2) Also, if a request is sbumitted from Workfront to Workfront, then the user must receive a copy as email in Outlook, but it is not happening at the same time / next day. Which needs to checked and evaluated asap.

Else I would request for quick screen sharing for few minutes with you. If its Ok then, please share your Calendly, I will select based upon your available time. This is a better option & much efficient than writing texts.

Mvh

kundan kumar.

Level 5

Hi Kundar. Looks like your question is more about the email notifications than the Outlook add-in. I won't consider myself an expert in notifications, so I'll probably hold back from providing you a "definitive" answer to avoid misleading you. I'll let someone more knowledgeable than me know about this, though.

However, I've tested the same flow in my environment (submitting a request through Outlook and getting a confirmation email/receipt), and it worked just fine. I'd recommend to double-check your user's email notification settings.

• There's a user-specific setting which says "I submit a request (confirmation)" - if it's enabled, you get an email confirming that the request was successfully registered in Workfront.
  • This setting has two states: Daily and Instant. Make sure it's set to Instant to avoid the problem you've mentioned in your second point.

Not sure about receiving a copy of your requests as an email, though. Do you mean, for example, a PDF copy? Because the confirmation emails always contain a link to Workfront that lets you see the original request online.

Level 10

Hei @Exp - Hayk Falakyan‚

Thanks once again, I will also check as per your recommendation. But is any one who can help in this regard specially receiving receipt about Request when submitting from Outlook Add-in.

Mvh

Kundan.