Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Does anyone have any idea(s) how to create a Utilization report that measures different groups within a marketing department and incorporates actual hours.

Level 1

3 Replies

Level 3

Prompts:

ElliotLeson_1-1661803479876.png

Columns

ElliotLeson_2-1661803529040.png

Grouping

group.0.linkedname=owner
group.0.namekey=view.relatedcolumn
group.0.namekeyargkey.0=owner
group.0.namekeyargkey.1=name
group.0.valuefield=owner:name
group.0.valueformat=string
group.1.linkedname=hourType
group.1.name=Billable Status
group.1.valueexpression=IF({hourType}.{countAsRevenue},"Billable","Not Billable")
group.1.valueformat=HTML
textmode=true

Level 5

Hey @ElliotLeson, I noticed your final column called "% Utilization". Is this a calculated field, a calculated report column, or something else? If it's a calculation I'd be interested in knowing what fields you're using in your calculation.

I've been exporting an Assignment Report to Excel where I take either Actual Hours (if they exist) or Planned Hours (if no actual hours have been recorded)and divide by Duration x Full-Time Hours (which for us is 7.5 hours a day) to get resource utilization at the task level.

Something like this:

=(SUM(IF(ActualHours,ActualHours,PlannedHours))/(TaskDuration*7.5)

I'm curious what others are using.

Level 10

Hi @Adorna11,

In addition to the native report suggestion @ElliotLeson offered, I invite you to consider our Capacity Charts solution, which allow you to easily create insightful resource management reports with only basic Workfront setup.

Regards,

Doug