Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Document reports

Level 9
Hey all... I'm sort of a newbie when it comes to creating Document reports. I need to create one that shows what documents are uploaded in a defined folder (I was hoping contains value type, in the filter. And hopefully restrict the results based on the Task/Project level so that it only returns documents from the project that's open.... as I was going to attach this report to a dashboard and then with-in the custom template as a tab... wait a minute this seems "impossible" as I'm typing this out :-/ JohnSeitz ESPN
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 10
Hi John, I'm not sure why, but the way the data is structured, folders are a collection on a document. This makes it a lot harder to do filtering. I had an idea to do a Document Folder report with a collection of documents with the info you needed, but I looked and you can't do a document folder report. :( So I'm not sure you are going to be able to get what you want. I'm sorry. Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 4
I eat impossible for breakfast :) Document folders are a collection on the document, ie one document can be in multiple folders. To show the folders that a document is in, add this column to a document report: displayname=Folders listdelimiter=< p > listmethod=nested(Folders).lists textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression=CONCAT({name}) valueformat=HTML To show documents located in a specifically named folder: EXISTS:a:$$EXISTSMOD=EXISTS EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=DOCFLD EXISTS:a:documentID=FIELD:ID EXISTS:a:folder:name=Final EXISTS:a:folder:name_Mod=cicontains -- Melinda Layten, Senior Consultant Work Management Improvement CapabilitySource - 2018 Workfront Services Partner of the Year Phone: (484) 505-6855 site: www.capabilitysource.com email: melinda.layten@capabilitysource.com - we simplify your work so you can run your business -

Level 6
Thank you SO much. This worked!! I have been in need of a way to filter by folder forever. :) Brittany Jones Project Manager, Marketing Operations DICK's Sporting Goods

Level 3
How would you apply text mode to then group by that folder column in the report? Thanks, Connie Sutherland, CPPM CareerBuilder

Level 10
Connie, This is great information. I've cataloged the text mode in the WFPro site for: "https://wf-pro.com/textmode/text-mode-views-collections/#show-document-folder">Document Folder Name (Collection in Document Report) "https://wf-pro.com/textmode/text-mode-filters-exists-notexists/#documents-in-folder-named">Documents With Folder Name (EXISTS MOD) Thanks, Narayan

Level 4

How would you code it to group by folder name?  the links you provided aren't working for me.  Thanks!