Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Document Report Help

Level 8
I am trying to create a document report that will be placed on a dashboard on an Issue. The documents that I want listed are located on a different project (although I tried uploading to the same project as well). I also tried uploading the document on a different task, issue, project, and even on the documents page (not attached to anything) and I still can't get it to show up when displayed on the dashboard (shows up fine when i run the report standalone). Can someone else test this for me, and do you have any other ideas? Attaching it to the issue itself would not work, that defeats the purpose. Thanks in advance! Adina Pierce Cisco
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Adina, I suspect the As Designed behavior of automatically applying the Issue's ID as a filter on the report because it is on custom tab is the root cause: those docs on that report aren't on that Issue, so no rows return. To work around that behavior, consider dropping the report itself on the Issue Custom Tab Dashboard, instead replacing it with an external page and pasting in the full url of the report as the target. I expect you'd get a "double header" of Workfront to show inside the external page (ewww), but at least the rows you want in the report would pe visible. Regards, Doug

Level 10
Great suggestion Doug! Adina, to further clean up the look, you can make the report public. Then access the public url, and use that in the external page reference. You still get a header, but at least all of the header links are hidden.