Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Document "View Icon" as column in Issue / Task / Project type report? Any Text mode?

Level 10

Hi

Is it possible to add a field "View Icon" as column in Issue / Task / Project type report?

Any idea or Text mode possibility? This column makes easy to download the file.

Document View Icon.jpg

The "View Icon" i reffer from Document type report, and do not see in other types, Please refer attached image.

Appreciate any info in this regard.

Best regards,

Kundan.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

I use following text mode to display download URL in task report. I guess to have an icon instead, the download URL would have to be saved first into a field. I'm not sure if that's an option. 
I think that the fact that document to task relation is many to one is a complication here. That's why below you have list of URLs.

displayname=Supporting Documents
listdelimiter=<br>
listmethod=nested(documents).lists
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=CONCAT({name}," - https://bain.my.workfront.com/internal/document/download?versionID=",{currentVersionID},"&ID=",{ID})
valueformat=HTML

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

I use following text mode to display download URL in task report. I guess to have an icon instead, the download URL would have to be saved first into a field. I'm not sure if that's an option. 
I think that the fact that document to task relation is many to one is a complication here. That's why below you have list of URLs.

displayname=Supporting Documents
listdelimiter=<br>
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=CONCAT({name}," - https://bain.my.workfront.com/internal/document/download?versionID=",{currentVersionID},"&ID=",{ID})
valueformat=HTML

Level 10

Thank you @Rafal_Bainie , it works as creating of link. Besides looking any idea of text mode, to make visible of icons as attachment.

I appreciate your sharing and worthy too.

Have a nice day!

Mvh

Kundan.

Level 7

no problem, Kudos should go to someone from the community from whom I did pick this up. Sadly I don't remember where I did found that.
Due to above mentioned relation problem I don't think that modifying list to set of icons will be possible. I don't know how to do that, I did try couple of times, but I failed

Level 10

No problem @Rafal_Bainie 

I appreciate a lot to your help, let's see if any one in community can share in this regard.

Have a nice day!

Mvh

Kundan.

Community Advisor

Hi, I'm curious what you're wanting to pull in as task/issue icons? Wouldn't they just be URLs? Or are you wanting to just see any documents associated with the task/issue? If the latter is the case, you can add a column to your report with this text mode:

displayname=Documents
listdelimiter=<br>
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=CONCAT({name},".",{currentVersion}.{ext})
valueformat=HTML
If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2

Sorry to hop in on this thread with more questions, but you all have ALMOST exactly what I've been trying to figure out.

Between you ( @Madalyn_Destafney )and @Rafal_Bainie  I've got the two components of what I'm looking for. I just want to put them together. I wonder if there is a way to only display the name of the file (or list of names in a project report column), but it's hyperlinked to either download or open the document, rather than the whole URL. That gets to taking up a lot of real estate when there are multiple documents on a project. This would by my ideal world but I'm not having luck with it. Any ideas?

Community Advisor

Hi Megan, so you have columns you want and want to see the info in 1 column, correct? You can share columns in text mode of your report columns to combine columns. 
Here is documentation on how to do this (I prefer sharing columns with a line break, that is in this article too). It is simple to do and a game changer for reports : ) 
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/reporting/reports/custom-view-samples/view-m...

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )