Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!
SOLVED

document folder IDs

Level 2

Are document folders in WF assigned object IDs?  If so, where can those IDs be found?  I don't see a way to manually navigate to the ID or to pull up IDs in a report.

I was able to use Fusion to create a document folder in an existing project.  I wonder if it's possible to add sub-folders.  I see that in the WF API, there are 'Parent ID' and 'linkedFolderID' fields under Document Folder.  Presumably I could specify the object ID of the main folder in one of these fields, but again, I'm not sure how to find that folder's object ID.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
7 Replies

Level 8

Hello,

I can confirm, that you do not get the folder ID using the normal ways.

But thanks to help from here, you could create a document report and add a custom column containing the following text mode code

displayname=Folders
listdelimiter=
listmethod=nested(Folders).lists
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression={ID}
valueformat=HTML

to show the folder ID. 

Regards

Lars

Level 2

Thanks!  It appears that this solution is dependent upon a folder (or subfolder) already containing at least one document--if a folder is empty, there's no record to display in the document report.

I may need to submit an idea for WF to add a Document Folder report (or to make the folder ID discoverable through a URL).

Level 8

You could also get a list of all folders and their IDs using the API endpoint 

docfdr/search

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Community Advisor

Are you trying to do it with fusion? If so, do a search for the folder with the DOCFDR key, and search by folder name & project ID, and have it return the folder ID. Then you can create the subfolder by specifying the project ID, the parent ID (equal to the parent folder ID, found above), and the folder name.