Expand my Community achievements bar.

Document field for custom integration

Level 3

We currently use a custom integration to move files from Workfront into AEM Assets (Cloud). In Assets, we have a multi-folder structure. Is there a field within Workfront that captures the location of where the document has been moved to? I use the documentProviderID to capture "AEM" but I'd also like to capture the folder or path where the document has been placed.

5 Replies

Level 4

Hi @FlorenceCr 

The best we can do is use the externalStorageID but that usually shows the UUID of whatever node/folder the asset stored in. 

In a recent project we ended up setting the path in Fusion as we link the asset (send to AEM). That way we can store the path in a custom field. Otherwise I am not aware how to get the path. The Assets API currently doesn't even support a "search by name" or similar. 

Community Advisor

folders are a collection for documents and document versions. I don't know how accessible the information would be, but you can research for yourself and make your own determination how you can use the information. I suggest you run searches such as this:

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/GlobalSearch#q=nested%20folders...

This is a sample hit, but there are other posts you can also look at:

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-questions/document-folders-on-report/m-p/...

Level 4

I think OP is talking about the folder in Assets, not the WF folder. 

Level 3

Yes, I'm looking to identify the destination in Assets. When the document is moved into Assets, a link seems to be created that points to the destination in Assets for download. That's why I'm hopeful that the destination information is captured.

Level 4

Hey @FlorenceCr 
one option is to create a HTML link to eg Content Hub 

But - the user can download from within Workfront ? 

Sadly there is no easy way to get the actual AEM path of an asset unless you create a custom endpoint in AEM.