Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do interactive proofs simultaneously navigate when comparing two proof versions?

Level 6

I have a user that reported an issue with the interactive proof (website url) viewer stating that it no longer simultaneously navigates two versions when viewing them side by side. She stated that in the past if she clicked on a comment in the previous version it would bring you to that page location in both the previous version and the new version allowing the reviewer to see if the updates were made correctly. Now she says it does not take her to the location within the new proof version and she has to hunt through the website to find the page the previous comment is referring to for comparison.

I have not experienced this before and am reaching out to this group to let me know if you agree that this was how the proof viewer worked on website proofs in the past.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 10

There is a button at the bottom middle of the screen between the 2 versions that you are comparing that controls the simultaneous view. It must have been accidentally clicked to a different setting.

Level 6

The icon there says side by side comparison. When I click on a comment in the previous version that screen moved to the location of the comment but the side with the new version doesn't change. The static proofs have an option for simultaneous view.

I am trying to determine if it did in fact function this way previously. I am being told it used to take both versions to the location of a comment from one of them but I have never witnessed this to know for sure.

Level 10
Is the “simultaneous navigation” button clicked? That’s the one you have to watch. If it’s not working I would open a ticket. It works for me without any problem.

Level 6

Just to confirm you have the simultaneous option on an Interactive proof? I only have that option on the normal static proofs.

Level 10
Oh my I didn’t pay attention to the “interactive” part of your question! You are right, there is no way to simultaneously move the side by sides. We use interactive infrequently and when we do there are rarely versions. Our digital team refuses to use Workfront in any meaningful way so this doesn’t get much use for us. (That’s a whole nother story!)