Expand my Community achievements bar.

Displaying Program name in a project report

Level 2
Hi All, I am trying to report on a list of projects and their associated program names. In the reports builder I can select the program ID but it does not give me an option for name. ( I find that odd). I would also like to group the report by program if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Jeremy Jeremy Busch Refinitiv
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

8 Replies

Level 6
Make sure to scroll down because a project level report does have a "Program" drop down where Program name is an option. Otherwise, if you don't see it, go to the program ID field, switch to text mode and put the following text: valuefield=program:name querysort=program:name valueformat=HTML displayname= linkedname=direct namekey=program:name Overall, removed ID, put a colon and name. Tim Brooks Invicro

Level 7
You can. You just need to use the Program --> Name field. You can also group by this as well. Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 2
Man I wish it was that easy. Here are my options: I tried using the code that Tim gave me without any luck either. Jeremy Busch Refinitiv

Level 6
What type of report are you pulling? I just tried the code and it worked on my end. Tim Brooks Invicro

Level 2
Apologies! It does work for a project report. I am trying to get it to work for a task report. Sorry about the confusion. Its Friday at 3:00 and Im dreaming of Happy Hour... Jeremy Busch Refinitiv

Level 4
Create a new column and click Text Mode. Delete everything and paste the following code: displayname= linkedname=program namekey=view.relatedcolumn namekeyargkey.0=project namekeyargkey.1=program namekeyargkey.2=name querysort=project:program:name textmode=true valuefield=project:program:name valueformat=HTML If you want a custom column name type it in after 'displayname=' Erich Giltinan Navy Federal Credit Union

Level 7
Looks like you are using a Task Report? If so, add that Project --> Program ID column to your report and then switch to text mode. You will see this: valuefield=project:programID querysort=project:programID valueformat=HTML displayname= linkedname=project namekey=view.relatedcolumn namekeyargkey.0=project namekeyargkey.1=programID Replace everywhere it says ID with :name, so it looks like this (or just copy this text mode): valuefield=project:program:name querysort=project:program:name valueformat=HTML displayname= linkedname=project namekey=view.relatedcolumn namekeyargkey.0=project namekeyargkey.1=program:name You can also Group by: Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 2
This worked thank you! I thought I tried that method, but I must not have had it right. Jeremy Busch Refinitiv