Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!
SOLVED

Displaying attributes of custom typeahead field in a Workfront report

Employee

I have a typeahead custom field (of type 'Project') defined in one of my custom form; custom form is attached to Issues. Name of project is "Resource By" in example below.

I want to create an issue report and display description and owner of the attached project on that issue report. When I try that, I am able to only display name of project, but cannot display anything else. See attached screen shot.

Name: (this works fine)
valuefield=Resource By:name
textmode=true
valueformat=customReferenceObjectAsString
displayname=Resource Project Description

Description: (this does not work)
valuefield=Resource By:description
textmode=true
valueformat=customReferenceObjectAsString
displayname=Resource Project Description

I tried a lot of other combinations (using valueexpression and other), but nothing worked.

Is that possible to show attributes of custom typeahead field in a report?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

This should work for the description field, I tried it on my end and was able to pull it in. 

Let me know if you run into any issues! 

displayname=Requested By Project Description
textmode=true
valueexpression={DE:Resource By:description}
valueformat=HTML

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

I believe it's still not possible to show anything other than the ID and the name.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

This should work for the description field, I tried it on my end and was able to pull it in. 

Let me know if you run into any issues! 

textmode=true
valueexpression={DE:Resource By:description}
valueformat=HTML

Employee

@NicholeVargas : This solves majority of my requirements, but I have one more requirement. Is it possible to show a custom field from that project? I have a custom field named "Engineering Manager". I tried following and it did not work.

textmode=true
valueexpression={DE:Resource By:Engineering Manager}
valueformat=HTML

textmode=true
valueexpression={DE:Resource By:DE:Engineering Manager}
valueformat=HTML

Employee Advisor

Reporting on Typeahead fields in Workfront is fairly limited. You can pull in native fields using valueexpressions, but not custom fields, as far as I'm aware. I also connected with a few folks in Professional Services and they didn't think it was possible either. I have shared this feedback with the Workfront Product team for additional consideration as they are looking to improve reporting capabilities in the near future! 

Level 7

We are still in need of the functionality to pull a custom field through a typeahead field into a report.  Any update from product as to when this will be available?