Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Display report with groups collapsed

Level 1
I am new to Workfront and have a report that has 2 Grouping levels (project:name and task:status). I want to use the report on a Dashboard but it has many tasks therefore I would like to have the report display the groupings collapsed (and allow the user to drill down).
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

13 Replies

Level 7
I don't think you can force it to be collapsed when it's first run, however, in one click you can collapse them all if you click on the "down arrow" icon in the top header line of the report.

Level 2
Collapsing with one click SHOULD work but it doesn't when there is more than 1 page of data in the report. I brought this to the WF team's attention last year at LEAP and it still isn't fixed. What a shame.

Level 7
OK. Do you have more than 200 records in the report? If not, you know you can set the report to show up to 200 records by default, right? If you have less than 200, then they would all be in 1 page.

Level 1
I have less then 200 records but have this report in a Dashboard window so trying to keep everything collapsed for aesthetics.

Level 7
so if you have less than 200, you CAN collapse all with one click, right?

Level 1
Yes, I can manually collapse the list.

Level 2
I'm in the same position. I want to just show the list of projects in a dashboard so collapsed would be much cleaner.

Level 5
In Report Settings, there is an option to load either the details, summary/matrix or chart on load. For collapsed dashboards load the summary/matrix. On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 8:14 PM Dana Lindquist < reportingforum@communitylists.workfront.com> wrote: > I'm in the same position. I want to just show the list of projects in a > dashboard so collapsed would be much cleaner. > > -----End Original Message----- >

Level 2
Thank you, Melinda. I saw that but it doesn't allow you to click on the project name to go to the project. I guess I just want the moon.

Level 8
You don't want the moon --- you want something that been asked for by a lot of users. I swear I saw and upvoted this in the Idea Exchange, but couldn't easily locate it. I suggest putting in for it there."https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/topics" Idea Exchange

Employee
I would like this as well - don't need things clickable but want the summary tab to display with the same sort as the report - looks like it defaults to alphabetical. Anyone know how to change this?

Level 10

You might want to try this text mode option.

Add the code for your custom grouping, then add the following line for a first-level grouping:

group.0.iscollapsed=true

to display the grouping collapsed

Or

group.0.iscollapsed=false

to display the grouping expanded.

Tips:

• When you manually adjust groupings when viewing a list, Workfront remembers your manual preference until you log out. When you log back in, the list displays according to this setting.
  • The results of a grouping always display expanded after accessing them from a chart element.