Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Display Project Custom Form Data on a Dashboard

Level 2
Our users are complaining that they have to click too many times to view a Project's custom form, tasks, documents, updates, etc. They want everything on one screen (like the tool we recently transitioned from). I've built a dashboard to pull in the tasks, documents and updates, but I'm having trouble with the custom form. Is there an approach, similar to what is described in this post from Narayan Raum ("https://one.workfront.com/s/question/0D50z00006Px3yoCAB/" Embedding Request Forms in Dashboards ) that would dynamically bring what currently displays under the Project Details > Custom Form tab into a report on my dashboard? I really need to find a way to do this without having to re-create the entire custom form in a report manually. There are too many fields (over 200) and too much display logic to make this feasible or graceful. Any help or insight is greatly appreciated! Trish Sparkman
2 Replies

Level 7

Hi Trish, I don't have a great answer on how to do that in Workfront Classic, but if you jump into the New Workfront Experience, you can customize layout templates so your data is more visible, and more easily accessed. I invite you to check out our latest info on the New Workfront Experience: https://experience.workfront.com/s/article/The-new-Workfront-experience-Beta-release-activity-396255... Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront0690z000007Zh22AAC.png

Level 7
Hi Trish, I don't know of a dynamic way to do what you're trying, but here's a possible alternative? We have a lot of Custom Forms attached at the task level, where the Worker assigned the task needs to be able to easily access the information in the form to complete their assignment. Therefore on their dashboards showing the company/task/due dates, there's also a column that allows them to open the custom form in a pop-over link on demand. The same should be do-able with a Project-level Custom Form to allow quick access without cluttering the dashboard. Katherine Stibley