Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Disappearing Tasks from Timesheets

Level 10
Hi there, Just wonder if anyone else got the same issue. It keeps occurring that tasks disappears from users Timesheets. Tasks are still in progress, not completed, not passed Due Date, haven't been marked as 'Done', user still assigned to it, etc. For some reason all of the sudden they disappear from our Timesheets. It happened that after about 2 weeks they appears on timesheet again, but not in every case. So far we kept re-assigning and assigning back users with this issue, but it happens more and more often so it needs some proper way of doing it. And what's more important - it needs explanation why does it keep happening. have anyone had the same issue ?? Thanks, Dags
15 Replies

Level 10
Hi: We haven’t seen that problem. Hmmm, that must be annoying! I found for some reason a lot of people here pin tasks to their timesheet. Those never fall off. Eric

Level 7
I would check your setup >timesheets and hours>Preferences. Note there that you can determine if the timesheets use projected dates or planned dates. Could it be that one of those is unchecked and the dates you're checking is the other one?

Level 10
We haven't had that problem before. It appears for about 3 months now. Got Task&Issue Planned Dates set up in timesheet's date range. And it's all correct. I've now opened the ticket about it with WF Support, will see if they know the reason of it.

Level 8
Eric, how do you pin a task to a timesheet? I’m having the same problem as others where tasks aren’t showing up even though we’re in the range of the planned start/planned end dates. Adina

Level 10
Hi: Open a timesheet. Point to the area just left of the icon, a push-pin will appear (see the Project Initiation Approved line item below). Click that push pin and it will be there permanently (see the Commodity information must be send …. Line item). [cid:image001.jpg@01D29D9E.F740AC10] Try it and let me know what you find! Thanks, Eric

Level 8
I can’t believe I never saw that there after years of logging time!! Thanks, Eric! This will be useful for tasks I have open for an entire quarter that randomly seem to drop off my timesheet.

Level 10
Hi - Pinned tasks will remain there even after the project is closed. You can’t charge time to the task, but it is there clogging up things. You’ll want to unpin tasks from projects that are completed. Have fun! Eric

Level 10
Yes pinning tasks is useful and we have done before. but has anyone got any idea why it happens ? I've opened ticket with WF about it, but no answer so far..

Level 8

0690z000007ZjqTAAS.pngI know you said the task status is active, but is the project status active as well? We've never had this issue. Here's a screen grab of how we have ours set up. We give them the ability to log hours for future dates, we pre-populate timesheets with work that is within 1 week of the timesheet's work range. We pre-populate timesheets with tasks & issues that have Planned Dates in timesheet's date range, & tasks that have Project Dates in timesheet's date range.

Level 10
Hi Brooke, Thanks for your post. Well yes, it's all good with setting and all is active. I've had the ticket opened about it with Workfront Support and been told the issue might occur due to the limitations of the items that a Timesheet can display. it's been increased now so hopefully that has sorted the issue...

Level 4
Hey @Dagmara Garwell , did you ever figure out why tasks were not appearing on your timesheets? Many of our users are not seeing tasks that should be in their timesheets. These tasks have the same dates, assignments, access as other tasks in that project, but they do not appear! I checked the settings for timesheets under preferences and these tasks meet the requirements. There doesn't seem to be any task limits on the timesheet because for some projects there will be dozens of tasks listed in the timesheet while others there will only be a few. Thanks, Denver Denver Lemont Cardinal Health

Level 10
We were having a similar problem and found two different scenarios occurring. 1 - The timesheet defaults to only showing 100 tasks but you can have that changed to 250 by calling support. 2 - If a task remains on timesheet for a certain period of time without any time being recorded to it, that task will fall off the timesheet. I do not know what that time period is. If you remove that person from the assignments and then reassign it to them, the task will then show up on the timesheet. I wish I had better news to share but thats what we have found. Michael Lebowitz GuideWell Connect

Level 10
Hi @Denver Lemont , In our instance it was limitation fault, it has been ok since the change. If you checked all preferences and setting mentioned in older posts on this topic, then it may be the same for you. Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD

Level 7
Hi Denver, The default limit for timesheets is 45 additional items. You can pin more, but that's the default. If you want to change the limit, please reach out to Workfront Support. We can then request temporary access to an admin account in your environment, log in as that admin, open our back end, and set the setting to any of of the following amounts: 0 additional items 15 additional items 30 additional items 45 additional items <--- Default 250 additional items When I say additional items , the qualification according to Workfront for ' additional items ' means this: "This setting allows you to set the limit of tasks and issues that appear on a timesheet, in addition to the tasks and issues that appear because they have hours logged against them. Set to zero if you do not want Workfront to add any items that do not have hours logged against them." This would be an awesome option to make available for admins in Setup, so someone may want to take the time to submit an idea via the Idea Exchange... just saying. Otherwise, it's been an option that our Support team can modify on a per customer basis. Thanks and have a great week everyone! Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 4
Thank you everyone for you help! I'll reach out to Workfront Support to help make this change. Denver Lemont Cardinal Health