Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Did everyone get their daily digest?

Level 10

I thought ONE was up and running (here I am, posting!) but I didn't get my digests this morning. I also can't find the Discussion Groups for Proofing or Reports to even check if those still exist, maybe they haven't finished migrating them yet?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

19 Replies

Level 7

I'm confused by the new UI also, I'm also trying to find those groups. Not sure if I'm a fan yet

Level 10

Well I did get your reply in my email, but I can't read the blue box on the email that links back to the original post. I would post a screen shot but the Attach Paper Clip isn't working, it just spins and spins.

Level 7

'Community' and 'Groups' is essentially the same thing? A lot of the previous communities which I visited frequently are missing from the list. In groups the conversations seem to take up less space than the conversations in community? It's very confusing to me.

Level 7

Did you all do the onboarding? It is actually very informational!

Level 10

I don't see any onboarding link on the Community page or in the Getting Started page. Do you know where this is?

Level 7

When you first login to workfront.com/customer you should get a onboarding option right front and center.

Employee

Hi Amber, it's on the home page right now but we'll add it to more pages so it's easier to find! Thank you for the feedback!

Level 7

Doesn't work for me. What benefit is there to 'onboarding' a community messageboard? I'm not really sure what is being 'onboarded'

Employee

Hi Richard,

We added this to hopefully walk you through everything that's new and get you set up with notifications for the most popular things from the get go. I appreciate the feedback.

Kyna

Employee

Hi Jill! Thanks for checking out Workfront One! I'm so glad you are still here! I just took a look and it looks like you are set up for a weekly digest from our All Discussions group. You can change that at the top of the group like I have in the screenshot of my notification settings here. By default, we subscribed everyone to the weekly digest when we migrated you over, so if you want to change your subscriptions then you can do so in any group to which you belong. So that's why you didn't get your daily digest.

0690z000007Zja6AAC.png

Thank you so Sarah for pointing out the onboarding too as we tried to help walk you through everything there to make sure you get everything set up.

As for the reporting and proofing forums we've combined those into this all discussions group here to make it easy for people to know where to post as we often has double posting going on in the old split out forums. What we have available here though that is SUPER cool, in my opinion, is the ability to tag each post with a topic. The ONLY topics that are available are the ones that already exist and are tied to our documentation and training content. So when you add a topic (and you can add multiple), post the post, you could then click on the topic and view other articles and discussions related to the same topic. And if, you go to a topic first, you can post a question from there that will end up here for us to answer! This will help with searching and results and make it easier for lots of different people to find different types of posts.

I'll be posting more tips and tricks about some of the great new things that Workfront One has to offer over the coming days and weeks and I'll check out the attachment option to see why it wasn't working for you.

Thanks again!

Level 7

is it normal for the all discussions section to take up only 1/3 of the browser window? It makes reading the discussions somewhat difficult. space-wise each conversation preview takes up even more space, so it seems like we will need to scroll a lot

Employee

Hi Richard! Great to see you on Workfront One today! It depends on where you're looking at these posts as to how much of the browser window it will take up. If you go to https://one.workfront.com/s/community and view the posts (which will be all of the posts in this group) you will see they take up the entire screen!

If you're in the group itself then we do have a right column for things like the list of members, files that have been shared here (so when someone shares a super helpful screenshot or pdf you can go find it later), so the discussions themselves won't take the full browser window.

Level 10

Hi Kyna

I don't see where to get to those settings that you show the screenshot for. It's not on the Community page and I can't find it in my profile or my settings.

Employee

Hi Jill, you're right, I'm sorry I didn't clarify, those notification options are actually in the group page for the all discussions page (not on the community page which is just a way to look at the All Discussions page with no distractions!). If you check out the groups page you can see a ton of other groups you might want to join as well, and there you can set up your notifications for each of those groups.

Level 10

Ok I found it. I wouldn't expect that my settings would be buried within the Groups page -- which is the dropdown menu you have to select to find All Discussions. And it's 2nd in the list so it would seem less important than Community, which is first on the list. I'm still not clear what the Community page is -- is that the same as All Discussions? They are named differently. Trying to sort this out so I can find my way back there next time. I can't find the walkthrough that was mentioned, since I'm already signed in, nothing is popping up.

Also, no matter where I go, in my email or on the discussion page on One, the thread is vertical and huge white space to the right and left, lots of scrolling as though we were working on a phone and not a desktop. Seems like it's not responsive.

Thanks!

Level 7

Hi Jill, once you login, go to “Groups” under the Collaboration tab. Then, click on the Group ‚Äì in this case, the “All Discussions” Group. At the top, you will see a drop-down menu for notification cadence, where you can change it from Weekly Digests to Daily.

Level 10

Well I did start getting it today and am despising that you can't just read the email but have to login to the website to see any question that is more than a few words. Really hate "more." I hate it in magazines when they make you turn to the back to finish an article (thank you New Yorker for ending that!) and I really don't want an email that I can't read in one sitting. Also when you click on "more" it takes you to that question only and you can't find your way back to the discussion thread from there (that I can find) so now you have to go back to the email, figure out where you left off, and continue. Why mess with something that was working just fine.

Employee

Hi Jill,

Thank you so much for sharing your candid feedback on the email digest. I really appreciate the feedback and your time to share it. I'm capturing all of this feedback and we're evaluating all of it and working on a continued roadmap for continual additions and enhancements of functionality.

Thank you,

Kyna