Expand my Community achievements bar.

Deleting/Hiding Queue Topics

Level 4
Hello Everyone, We recently had a request from a group of our users for their section (queue topic) of a request queue to be broken out into a new queue. We don't have an issue with making a new request queue for our users, our fear is that by deleting the queue topic we will lose all historic data for requests that have been entered. Has anyone ever deleted a queue topic? Did you lose data? Is there a way to hide the queue topic so that no one can access it and the historic data isn't deleted? Is there a way to remove the approval from the request so we keep the request data but it is no longer tied to the queue topic? Sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure that we go about this in the right way. Thanks, Jessie Dantin Mercy Health
4 Replies

Level 2
Yes, this has been and still is a problem with Workfront that we've struggled with in the past. There is a feature request to be able to disable queue topics instead of delete them, but there's been no progress on it yet. My suggestion would be to create a calculated field that captures the queue topic, make sure that field gets data for your old requests, then delete the queue topic so you have the info somewhere. Not ideal, but a stopgap for now. Darren Harper

Community Advisor
We delete queue topics, topic groups, and routing rules on a regular basis. The only data I've noticed that we lose is the Path that the request came in through, we haven't lost any other data on the request itself. For us, losing that path has not been an issue.

Level 10
Hi Jessie, We don't do it a lot, but as others stated you shouldn't lose any data. The queue topic basically just controls routing and assignment. Your requests and their data are still in tact wherever you have them landing (i.e. a landing project or the queue project itself). They'll be untouched. But that is one thing to consider. Wherever you have them landing now via the queue topic routing, you'll probably want to be sure to route them there in the new queue (to keep them all together). Or if you create a new queue project and want them to reside there, move the old ones to the new project. Hope that helps.

Level 4
Thanks for the replies everyone! Your responses have helped us figure out what to do with this queue topic. We decided to "move" the requests to a new project so that they can still be found and referenced and then we are making a new queue with new queue topics to fulfill our user's requests. Thanks again! Jessie Dantin Mercy Health