Expand my Community achievements bar.

Defined Schedule in the system

Level 4

Are users (other than admins) able to view the defined schedule they are assigned to or their projects are assigned to in calendar view? In other words, are they able to see which days of the year/month impact the project schedule?

7 Replies

Level 4

You could make a Schedule report, and report on the Non Work Days. This is a collection (please read more on collections here:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/workfront/using/reporting/reports/text-mode/reference-col... )

-- sample code might look like this:

displayname=Non Work Date
listdelimiter=<p>
listmethod=nested(nonWorkDays).lists
textmode=true
type=iterate
valuefield=nonWorkDate
valueformat=HTML

Level 4

Thank you so much for the tip. 

Unfortunately I am unable to open the link. It seems the site is down for the time being.

I am wondering if there is a way that I can sort the information in this report by date, or filter them to show only the current year date.

Level 4

I doubt it. One of the things about collections is that you cannot sort the collection information. 

I didn't mention this before as it's an additional manual effort -- we created a project where each holiday was listed as a task, and then we created a calendar listing those task dates and shared with our users.

Level 4

Thank you for sharing. I read about that approach in a couple of other posts. Do you do it every year? I am having a hard time imagining how that brings value to the users. 

It is unfortunate that there is not yet a proper way in Workfront to address this.

Level 4

sorry if I misunderstood. You said, “in calendar view. In other words, are they able to see which days of the year/month impact the project schedule?”. So I mentioned we can put our days off on a calendar.

Yes, we can do this for every year. For us, we have a few working teams who like to see public holidays and user PTO so they have a calendar that shows both. Our training team shows public holidays against their class dates as well.

Community Advisor

hard to get super clear overview of the schedule for users, especially if users would be interested in working hours, than probably report is the only option (as already suggested). 
However, if demonstrating full day absences would be the goal you could simply navigate users to the workload balancer view where non-working days are greyed out and user's capacity can also be checked (on hover over).

Workload balancer can be enabled on project page and also is available as general work management tool via "resourcing" in main menu