Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Custom Project View - Parent & Children Tasks

Level 8
Hi Community! Does anyone know of a custom view on a project that would allow me to see: One column for parent task name One column for the parent task: note text (latest update) One column for child task name One column for the child task: note text Here's a visual of how far I've gotten (please excuse the poor snippet annotations) Let me know if anyone has any suggestions! -Sydney
3 Replies

Level 10
Hi Sydney, Are you stuck at the point of getting the latest Update to display (for either the task or parent task? You can add Condition Update, but this only works if the person commenting is the assigned resource. I also had a bit of a play with collections on the 'update' collection object but didn't get any results yet. Keen to see what others can suggest. Regards, David

Level 8
Hi David! I'm fine with the latest update (although it would be nice to see all updates within the parent and / or children tasks as well) I'm stuck / want to see the child task without the parent task above it. I essentially want to add a column for parent task name and a column for child task name, so they don't appear above / below each other. Same thing with the updates posted to parent / children tasks. The reporting fields offer the parent task name, but not the child task name. Just something like "has children tasks" I can provide a better visual sometime tomorrow afternoon. :) Sent From My iPhone On May 23, 2017, at 8:39 PM, David Cornwell > wrote: Hi Sydney, Are you stuck at the point of getting the latest Update to display (for either the task or parent task? You can add Condition Update, but this only works if the person commenting is the assigned resource. I also had a bit of a play with collections on the 'update' collection object but didn't get any results yet. Keen to see what others can suggest. Regards, David -----End Original Message-----

Level 10

Hi Sydney. How about the attached screenshot?

To get this, you need to use a combination of the view (which you already have pretty much sorted out) plus a filter to only show the child tasks (i.e. number of children = 0)

Does this work for you?0690z000007ZiXQAA0.png