Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Custom organize grouped fields

Level 2

We have several reports/queues written for users and most of them are grouped by something, like status or task. When grouped, they seems to be in an odd order - in the case of status, the status that equates with current (current and rush) are at the bottom, so they must collapse all others to see their current projects. Is there a way to have the current ones at the top?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @CarrieDowning,

As this One Chart To  Rule Them All post illustrates, you can accomplish your sorting requirements by adding numeric "priority prefixes" (eg 01 Rush, 02 Current, ... 98 Complete, 99 Dead).

As mentioned in the post, the chart approach also has several advantages, too.

Regards,

Doug

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 2

By default, the grouping should be in the alphabetical order. You might have applied any sorting on the columns which is causing this.

Add the Status in the view and apply first sort on it and add second sort if there is any on other columns.

Level 2

Thanks - I am not looking for alphabetic order but to have the status in the order of importance to the user. For instance "complete" would be at the top before "current" in alphabetical order. I was hoping to have "current" and "rush" projects, the open statuses at the top and "complete" and "dead" at the bottom.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @CarrieDowning,

As this One Chart To  Rule Them All post illustrates, you can accomplish your sorting requirements by adding numeric "priority prefixes" (eg 01 Rush, 02 Current, ... 98 Complete, 99 Dead).

As mentioned in the post, the chart approach also has several advantages, too.

Regards,

Doug