Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Custom Landing Page Upon Login

Level 10

Hi WF Community.

I'm looking at the potential of adding a custom landing page that users see when they first log in. I'm familiar with how to use layout templates and designate what page users see when they log in, but at present, I don't see an option to identify a custom tab or some other custom page as the default. It seems as though I can only select a global nav page.

Is my request possible?

Thanks.

Nick

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

10 Replies

Level 10
I think this functionality (the ability to specify a dashboard as a landing page) is currently present in the New Experience. If it's important to you, I highly recommend testing it to make sure it works the way you expect, and give feedback in the tool. -skye

Community Advisor
This is available in the New Experience. I haven't set it up yet since I don't have any users with custom landing pages in the New Experience yet, but it looks real easy. We've done it in Classic also. In the layout template, we've added a custom tab with a dashboard onto the Reporting, Global Area Then in the Preference on those user's profiles, we've set the "When I login, show" to Reporting.

Level 7
Our Workers generally land on Home and our Project Owners land on Reporting using the layout template preferences mentioned by Heather above. We try to take advantage of every option to steer people in the right direction. You can have a dashboard display a external page in a frame, maybe you could create such a thing and have users land in that section by default, if the external page was the first tab in reporting it would be displayed by default. Richard Carlson Behr Paint Company Santa Ana, CA

Level 10

Thanks, folks. Yup, ended up finding this External page in dashboard post , similar to what you're mentioning above, and it seems to be the answer. The external page I want people to see isn't frame-friendly, which prevents content from showing up in WF. Found out about it "https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/X-Frame-Options" here , and will work with my IT dept on a solution. Nick Valeriote

Level 4
I am in the beta testing and tried this as well except prior to moving to the New Workfront experience I had some dashboards in the custom tabs on the Reporting menu and when I signed on I went directly to one of the dashboards I added. I know longer see the ability to add custom tabs to the Report screen so wondering how do you set it up so when users sign on their landing page would be the dashboard that we would like them to land on when they sign in? Frank Fornataro DHHS

Level 4
As a follow-up to the comment I just posted about 10 minutes ago. I was able to add the dashboard as a custom tab for the Request Page and set myself up to land on the Request Page. However even after that setting when I sign in to Workfront I still land on the Worklist page and when I select Request I am routed to the page to add a new request not the dashboard. Frank Fornataro DHHS

Level 10
hi Frank, there's a way to add a custom dashboard -- "add a dashboard" option under the "Select landing page" dropdown. This will put your dashboard under the lion icon when you log in. Are you saying that this function isn't working for you? I also notice that when I log out, I do need to adjust the login url to be just /login, otherwise it tends to take me right back to where I was when I logged out -- not sure if maybe you're experiencing this as an issue as well. -skye

Community Advisor
I just gave this a try and found I had to log out and back in for it to take effect. We use SSO, so my normal favorited URL (without the /login) took me right to the dashboard I set up.

Level 4
I am assuming that you need administrator rights to complete this action. When I go in to my User Profile I get the Preference selection to pick "when I log in, show:" but I do not have dashboard in my selection Frank Fornataro DHHS

Community Advisor
Yes, it's something an administrator would need to do. It's in the layout templates, not in the preferences for each user.