Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Custom Landing Page - design ideas

Level 1
We want to modify a layout template that would have our users default to a landing page with custom info we have put together for helpful tips/FAQs/help resources/etc... So far we are working on a dashboard with reports that are showing the data we are wanting to present. That data is entered into a project so that we can report on it. I'm figuring there has got to be a better way. Would love to use an external link to display our sharepoint site that would have all of the data. But I have researched trying to get URLs to display within dashboards and understand there is some limitations with browsers and frames. Any ideas for how to best accomplish the goal - a starting page for users at login that displays our own custom information/data? Jess
3 Replies

Level 10
Hi Jess, I'd suggest creating an html page, saving it either on an internal webserver that everyone has access to (ideally) or uploading it into Workfront as a shared document that everyone has access to (as a fallback), and then creating a common "landing page" dashboard with an external page pointing to that document. Alternatively (using the same html page target but with a slightly less prominent approach), Workfront allows you to redirect the "?" help icon in the top left to a url via Setup > System > Preferences > General Preferences > Custom Help URL. Regards, Doug

Level 1
Thanks, Doug! I had not even thought about storing it as a workfront document! Appreciate your suggestions! Jess

Level 5
Hi Jessie, I hear a lot from 1-3 year users that much of what they set up for launch has changed as they grew into the system and understood it better as well as come up with better solutions as you grow. Am wondering if this tip worked for your needs, or if you went another route, or was this need discarded altogether within in the last 18 months? Tammie Bouchard National Safety Council