Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Custom Form Field Calculations looks right, but isn't giving result needed

Level 3
I have a custom form field calculation that seems to work for part of what I want, but not for everything in the calculation. Example: When my EA Type will be "BB - Capitalized Safety Project", I want the words "Safety / Ergonomics" to be given. and When my EA Type will be "BB - Capitalized Equipment Repair / Upgrade", I want the words "Equipment Repair / Upgrade" to be given. The first line of code doesn't work, and the next line does work. These are two of 10 entries in the field calculation. Is there a limit? I don't understand why one line is giving me what I need, and the other isn't. IF(CONTAINS("BB - Capitalized Safety Project",EA Type),"Safety / Ergonomics",IF(CONTAINS("BB - Capitalized Equipment Repair / Upgrade",EA Type),"Equipment Repair / Upgrade","a")) While we're at it, anyone know how to enlarge the field calculation window so I can see my entire calculation without scrolling? Dave Rulon Great Dane Savannah, GA 912-644-2452
2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Dave. I would do the editing in another text editor like Notepad++ and paste it into the Calculation box. While you're at it, can you copy the whole calculation text and paste it here? That will make it easier for us to help work out why it's not working. David Cornwell

Level 6
Dave, WF calculations can be VERY picky and still not throw errors. Try changing your " to ' as follows: IF(CONTAINS('BB - Capitalized Safety Project',EA Type),'Safety / Ergonomics',IF(CONTAINS('BB - Capitalized Equipment Repair / Upgrade',EA Type),'Equipment Repair / Upgrade','a')) Marty Gawry - CapabilitySource