Expand my Community achievements bar.

Custom Form added within a Task - Routing Does Not Work

Level 2

I added a Custom Form to Task that lives in a Project.

In the Routing Rules of that same I assigned default assignee for when the form is completed. 

I went into that Task, filled out the form and click "Save".

The default assignee did not get a notification that the form as been completed. 

I accessed the form OUTSIDE of the Task and filled it out and submitted it. The default assignee did get notified. I need to perform that way when it is INSIDE the Task. 

Anyone else ever experience this? 

5 Replies

Community Advisor

HI Michael - 

Routing rules apply to queue setup on projects and need to be attached to a queue topic. queue topics will align to "issues" or "request". 

Routing rules send issues to specific users or job roles best equipped to resolve the submitted issue or request. Routing rules are usually associated with queue topics, which are used to control which routing rule will be applied to the issue or request.

When you say you "accessed the form OUTSIDE of the Task and filled it out and submitted it" where did you do that? Was it through a request queue?

Level 2

Thank you Kellie. Yes, when I accessed the form OUTSIDE of the Task and filled it out and submitted it, it was through a request queue. The notification for that worked as expected. 

I am assuming the notification to the default assignee does not work within a task, it only works when triggered through a request queue. 

Community Advisor

Yes the default assignee is triggered through routing rules of issues (requests) and not on tasks. It's not aligned to the custom form but rather aligned to the "queue topic" itself and the creation of the object. 

Level 2

Thank you and just so I am not missing anything here ... Is there another way to trigger a notification to the default assignee when a Custom Form is completed in a Task? My solution would be to comment and tag the individual that the form has been completed. Thanks for all of this. I am new to WF and I learning!

Community Advisor

Out of the box that's really the only way to notify a user of something like that.