Expand my Community achievements bar.

Custom Field ID to Name in Project Report

Level 2
I am attempting to pull in the name of the person who requested an issue into a project report. Current Steps Taken: Request/Issue custom form has calculated field with calculation as Entered By ID Project custom form has calculated field with calculation as the name of the issue field (to pull in the same ID) When I reference the project custom field in my project report it is returning the user string (like: 596f7db901922d6fa8077e409a5044bb) How can I convert the ID string back into the name of a user? Can I accomplish this by modifying the initial calculated field? I've tried changing it to Entered By ID.Name with no luck. I have looked into some of the options in text mode, but the material I found doesn't seem to address converting ID to Name for custom fields. My field in text mode looks like: displayname= linkedname=direct namekey=Request Entered By querysort=DE:Request Entered By textmode=true valuefield=Request Entered By valueformat=customDataLabelsAsString Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions! Stephen Schmidt The Home Depot Creative Services
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

21 Replies

Level 10
@Jason Semall , the single quotes should keep the input together so spaces between quotes should be fine. I think the special characters should be fine unless it's a quote character. IF(CONTAINS('dam1',test3),'dam1','') should be IF(CONTAINS('word space & word',your checkbox field),'word space & word','') Another word of advice, build these first on your preview site and you don't have to build the 15 checkbox options right away. Build the calculated field with just 3 options first and test to the DAM. Once you like how it looks, you can then build your 15 options before making the same changes to the production site. That way, it's easier to troubleshoot if things don't seem to be what you expect. Regards. Polly Co