Expand my Community achievements bar.

Curious about timeline templates other marketing/creative agencies use

Level 2
I work for an in-house marketing team responsible for executing a variety of deliverables - print pieces, websites, ad graphics, emails... Some of the team members were curious how our timeline templates compare to those used by marketing or creative agencies that do work similar to us. I've attached three samples; we attach to a project each of the templates needed based on the combinations of deliverables for the particular project. A few years ago (once you could have multiple assigned users on a task) we condensed the number of tasks somewhat, but they are still fairly detailed, with individual tasks for each round of review and revisions. Do other agencies tend to have more high-level type of timelines, with just a handful of broad tasks (ie, execution, revisions, qa, release)? Or do you have different sequences of tasks for deliverables similar to ours? Please share your timelines; we'd love to see them! Beth Massura Assistant Director of Operations, Marketing The University of Chicago Booth School of Business 5807 South Woodlawn Avenue Chicago, Illinois 60637 Phone: 773.702.7598
1 Reply

Level 2
Hi Beth, Yes! Your workflows look very similar to ours and we have re-worked them several times in an attempt to streamline them. I'm not entitrely clear from looking at the exported tasks, but do you attach approval paths to your revisions tasks? The revision tasks could be removed if you group them into the previous task so that the revisions are done within the same task and are worked on if the copy/artwork is rejected.... If I'm not making sense please let me know and I'll try and explain it more cleary.