Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Cross project predecessor Planned Completion Date

Level 2
Hi All, In a task report, is there a way to pull in the predecessor's planned completion date for a cross-project predecessor? I'm not sure how to trace back across the projects. Thanks, Jen Jennifer Gulledge Elkay Manufacturing Company Inc
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 2
Jennifer, While in the task view under the More drop down menu you should Predecessors. From there you should see a toggle between Predecessors and Cross-Project Predecessors, which once you are on the latter click + Add Predecessor and it's fairly straight forward after that. Hope that helps! John Albaugh GP PRO

Level 2

Hi John, Thanks for chiming in. I do know how to find the date of the predecessor; my issue is trying to get the date to the predecessor pulled into a task report. I've attached a screenshot of what I'm trying to get to. The report itself is filtered to a common task in the listed projects. Where I need a little help is trying to pull in the right date to the Predecessor Due On column. Jennifer Gulledge Elkay Manufacturing Company Inc0690z000007ZhfOAAS.png

Level 10
Hi Jen, This "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/217027878-View-Predecessor-Details">View: Predecessor Details help article might have what you're after (in column.3) Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 2
Hi Doug, Thank you! Between you and a archived post, I was able to cobble a solution together. listdelimiter=
listmethod=nested(predecessors).lists name=Cross-Project Predecessors textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression=IF({predecessor}.{project}.{referenceNumber}={successor}.{project}.{referenceNumber}," ",CONCAT({predecessor}.{project}.{name}," - ",{predecessor}.{plannedCompletionDate})) valueformat=HTML Jennifer Gulledge Elkay Manufacturing Company Inc