Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Creating a link to Custom Forms in a Column to enter in data in a popup

Level 3

Hi all,

I am trying to clean up the UI for a report I am working on and I cannot get the widths to behave in a column using this text mode:

displayname=Measurement Entry
linkedname=direct
namekey=category.name
textmode=true
tile.name=component.objectcategories
valuefield=customFormsNames
valueformat=HTML
viewalias=category.name

I would like a clickable link "Click Here" that results in a popup on the project/report page that allows users to edit in custom data. Right now, I get a stack of 3 hyperlinks using the custom form name because there are 3 custom forms on each task. Is this possible?2022-12-06 20_36_23-Machine Floor Measurement Report.png

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-questions/pop-up-for-custom-form-link/m-p... - This is an old thread asking for something similar and it looks like no one was able to answer.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

I don't think achieving "click here" for custom forms is doable.

viewalias=category.name

I was able to figure out that the above line defines what text is being displayed in the field. You can substitute "name" with any other value available in API explorer related to Category:

Rafal_Bainie_0-1670400856072.png

but only with "name" you actually get clickable link. I did try to use description, and it worked to an extent I got "click here" text when this was used as a description, but I couldn't click on this.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 7

I don't think achieving "click here" for custom forms is doable.

viewalias=category.name

I was able to figure out that the above line defines what text is being displayed in the field. You can substitute "name" with any other value available in API explorer related to Category:

Rafal_Bainie_0-1670400856072.png

but only with "name" you actually get clickable link. I did try to use description, and it worked to an extent I got "click here" text when this was used as a description, but I couldn't click on this.