Expand my Community achievements bar.

Created (Entry) Date with Date and Time

Level 3
I want to have a field that shows me the date and time something is created (project / issue / whatever). I contacted Workfront support and was kind of flabbergasted to learn that Entry Date only stores the date, not the time. I'll see if there's a posting in the Idea Exchange about this but it's hard for me to believe that this is not already in Workfront. It seems so basic to me. If I want a report or view that sorts by when something is created, and the most recent is on top, it just seems like I should be able to do that. Have any of you run into this? Do you have a workaround? Mavis Moon
4 Replies

Level 10
well... not that I don't believe the support techs, but I just don't believe this is true. I'm looking at an entry date field in my report editor, and when I click on the Advanced options, it clearly gives me an option to show date and time. We personally don't need to show entry date times, so I haven't specifically created a report but I have no reason to think it's not going to work. -skye

Level 10
Thanks Skye: spot on. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore

Level 7
Seconding Doug, Skye is right on the money. Almost every date field in Workfront has the option to show timestamps. There are exceptions, such as if you have a custom date field, and opt to not choose the time of day. In any event, this is done via Advanced Options when editing that field in a view or a report, or in text mode you can use longAtDate as the valueformat. You can read more about the date formats in our help article here . Thanks! Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 3
Thanks, you guys. I do see that advanced options. That will help! Mavis Moon mmoon@pivotinteriors.com