Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Comments on requests/issues not carrying over to the project

Level 2

Hi all - we have one main request queue which we use for incoming work within our organisation. We usually converse with requestors/collaborators in the 'updates' tab to find out any further info which wasn't specified in our custom form, and then the issues gets converted to a project were it's then assigned to one of our workers. 

I'm wondering if there is a way to automatically carry over updates on issues/requests, to the project it's converted to? It's causing some confusion when our workers are tagged in updates but are then taken to the issue as opposed to the converted project. 

Thanks all! 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi @coledxn ,

Our updates transfer over if the updates were made to the issue before it's converted to a project.  

After the project has been created, updates on the issue don't sync, it just makes a one time copy upon project creation.  

Is it possible your users are going to the issue out of habit to continue the conversation instead of going to the project?  We have that issue here sometimes.  I don't believe there's a fix for this other than user training.  

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi @coledxn ,

Our updates transfer over if the updates were made to the issue before it's converted to a project.  

After the project has been created, updates on the issue don't sync, it just makes a one time copy upon project creation.  

Is it possible your users are going to the issue out of habit to continue the conversation instead of going to the project?  We have that issue here sometimes.  I don't believe there's a fix for this other than user training.